ABOUT ME    CONTACT    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER    POLYVORE    BLOGLOVIN    FACEBOOK

28.12.11

Pre-Fall 2012 Collections

As my mother always says, I have peculiar taste, and I only like what I like. When it comes to collections I tend to only like about 10% of what I see (except CĂ©line and Lanvin which I can't help but adore). I'm not one of these people who fall over Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada and the other 'big name' houses without knowing what I'm actually looking at, or how it relates to the label or previous/future collections.
So for Pre-Fall (which provides us with hint-dripped pieces regarding the upcoming Fall collections in February) there were a few collections which really sparked my interest...

3
1. Donna Karan
The signature style of Donna Karan has become workware, tailoring and elegance for the modern woman. Pre-Fall gave us a laid-back approach to workware, with loose fitting trousers, bomber jackets, long blazers, and belted dresses; the silhouettes (yeah I had to Google that spelling) were clinched in at the waist with thick belts, with my favourite piece being a black, white and navy dress with a flared skirt, pulled in at the waist with an oversized navy blue bow (very reminiscent of Miu Miu's collection for Fall 2011). For Fall I'm hoping for more of this palette, with a touch of the playful DK being dropped into the collection.

2
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim
The bags at Phillip Lim jumped out at me the second I saw this collection, especially a Pashli bag in transparent brown plastic. The next thing that jumped out? White. Two white shift dresses peaked my interest, one belted at the waist, one with a high collar and worn with a jumper over the shoulder, as well as a pair of navy tailored trousers. But my favourite piece was a beautiful oversized long grey coat with a folded collar which reached just below the knee. I'm hoping that Fall will yield many more coats in this style; style.com has tipped the cartoon prints Lim created to be a big trend for Fall.

4
3. Jason Wu
Whenever it's time for Jason Wu to roll around at fashion week, I'm always anticipating the signatures of tweed, feathering or baroque details. Here we got tweed blazers, baroque detailed capes and a distinct lack of feathering, but maybe Fall's not the season for it. My favourite piece was a navy blue top scattered with green pailettes, paired with navy and black panelled trousers, and teamed with what else, but sunglasses. There were also a few pieces reminiscent of Scottish fashion; navy and red check two-piece outfits. So for Fall I'm anticipating a distinct change of direction for Jason Wu, as well as a few killer winter coats; I'm still thinking about the grey baroque coat from last season.

1
4. Reed Krakoff
Reed Krakoff is fast becoming one of the designers whose work I look forward to seeing. And rightly so I suppose as this pre-fall collection yieled my favourite coat of the season, a knee length piece in two-tone grey which was perfectly tailored. Three dresses also stood out, nipped at the waist and cut to the knee; these provided an intriguing marbeled green detailing. All outfits were paired with leather gloves in varying lengths; Krakoff's sleek designs are making me anticipate a fast paced Fall collection, hopefully one in which there will be a lot of green.

5
5. Proenza Schouler
Pre-Fall at Proenza Schouler saw a palette of green, blue and red at the fore. The key looks were those of the longline tweed coats in shades of red and green, paired with clashing oranges and blues and adorned with black buttons. Quilted black bags were hand held to the side, with satin courts worn on the feet. The best of the collection? A pair of electric blue tailored trousers, a tomato red long sleeve sweater, and the tweed coats. After the aztec prints of last Fall and the craftsmanship of Spring, I'm hoping for big things from Fall 2012. After the colourful eel skin skirts that formed the finale of the Spring show, and the palette offered up here, I'm hoping for a bright take on fall.

I already know that my Fall predictions will be wrong, but I'm hoping for a resurgance of white (though maybe not quite as extreme as Alexander Wang SS11), with lots of blue and green, as well as some beautiful tailored coats; despite my inital dislike for them, I'm also very intrigued to see if the cartoon prints materialise in force...

Loes x

Original pictures sourced from style.com, edited by me on polyvore.com

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment