ABOUT ME    CONTACT    INSTAGRAM    TWITTER    POLYVORE    BLOGLOVIN    FACEBOOK

27.11.13

CHRISTMAS SKIRTS

Christmas Skirts

During Summer I love wearing skirts but whenever Winter rolls around I tend to avoid them, mainly because it means I don't have to get involved with tights; they're uncomfortable, they ladder, you can never tell the front from the back etc! I always imagine Christmas Day being comfy with me in my leggings and a jumper but on the day I always end up wearing something nice and not very practical for Christmas Dinner (never enough breathing space for turkey and cake)! This year I will be shunning my leggings on the 25th and (hopefully) wearing one of the above concoctions.

1. Embellished Mini, £55 by Miss Selfridge
Miss Selfridge always have a great range of embellished pieces, especially around Christmas time. This one is a lovely colour and despite the slightly hefty price tag, the detailing makes the skirt well worth the money. I think this skirt might just win the and be worn on the day!

2. Quilted Mini, £35 by Topshop
I've had my eye on this skirt for a while (it's white, of course I have) and I saw it in store the other day. The material is lovely and it fits really well too. On reflection I think it's slightly too short for family Christmas dinner but I still would recommend it for a night out.

3. Pen Garden Tube Skirt, £28 by Topshop
This tube skirt came onto Topshop New In this morning and I love the detailing on it. Unfortunately my hips don't allow me to carry off tube skirts attractively, but if (and hopefully when) they could I would choose this skirt.

4. Leather Skirt, £1,682 by Mary Katrantzou at The Corner
One off the price scale here; Mary Katrantzou's skirts always have such interesting prints and would look so good paired with just a simple jumper. Also playing with my favourite colour of the season: purple.

5. Mulberry Skorts, £40 by Topshop 
Technically shorts and not a skirt but we can make an exception, right? Topshop have these skorts out in a few colours now (the emerald are lovely) but this mulberry pair have to be my favourites. The material is really lovely and for how nice they look on I think the price tag is pretty reasonable. 

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment